Friday, March 27, 2009

Three Months with a Cherry on Top

Today marks our three month countdown!!! Aahhh...all of a sudden that clock feels very heavy. I am not sure why, but when we were engaged almost 18 months ago, the three month countdown always seemed daunting. I knew it would be "go time", and ladies, it's go time. From here on out, every weekend is devoted to the wedding or somebody elses - did I mention there are four weddings from May 1st to July 18th - one of which mine!? OUR WEEKEND (Boy is Andrew in for a rude awakening!) Friday: After work, I am running to a darling consignment and vintage bridal store to hopefully find my wedding jewlery including the all important hair comb. It needs to be vintage and needs to have a little sparkle. I want it to be a tender suprise amdist the pile of waves on my head. Something like this would be divine:

Saturday: After cleaning the heck out of my house (this has been on the back burner lately) I need to once and for all finish doing the inventory on my over 200 pieces of milk glass! This is no easy task: count, measure, and take a picture of each piece to be put into an excel spread sheet. It's the only way I can get an accurate number for flowers. I love that milk glass, but I hate the project! The milk glass is sitting as centerpieces (about 5 - 7/table) full of monochromatic flower arrangments like this: Then its off to the mall to find the shirts for the boys. We are asking them to purchase their own shirts and wear their own suits. We provide the bow ties (from J. Crew -done and done). Apparently there is a certian kind of shirt they need? I dont know, it's Andrew's thing.

Sunday: Oh Sunday - so excited! The unbelievably talented Kate Erickson is coming to do my makeup and hair trial run. Check her out at: http://www.kateerickson.com/. I am so excited for this, I can't even tell you!! I love everything about getting my hair and makeup done. I love to see what other 's view as my strengths. I have been growing out my hair since we were engaged (so long, I can't wait for the bridal bob post wedding!), becuase I want my hair to look uber romantic. When I saw Portia de Rossi's hair for her wedding, I knew it was exactly what I wanted. Soft but gathered. Clean yet unplanned. It is the perfection of hairdo's and luckily Kate loves it to. Here it is (note the importance of a lovely hair pin):

Weekends have been officially lost to the wedding and it is seeming a bit hectic. But, I have yet to dislike this process or lose sight of the real treat: our marriage. Three months of running around, stressful decisions, and the checkbook looking slim, but in the end it's being married to Andrew that is the cherry on top!

1 comment:

  1. yay yay yay!
    I love that hair pin, and I love the hair style. I want my hair similar to that but I'm afraid it won't be long enough :(
    what a fun few months you have ahead of you, and I cannot wait to hear more as it all comes together.

    ReplyDelete