Monday, March 23, 2009

Put a cork in it

I finally have my Andrew back. After four years of hard work and not a weekend to ourselves, we are officially a couple again. And how did we celebrate a weekend without studying? I put him on wedding duty and he spent his Sunday in front of the TV watching college basketball and cutting 200 wine corks. Only one very bad cut to his finger later, and we are able to cross that off the list!
I bought the 200+ corks on EBAY for $15.00. We definately could have gotten there on our own, but figured drinking 200 bottles before our wedding in three months is a bit counter productive. So, they arrived quickly and without any problems. Once they are done, they will look like this:
I think they are going to be darling and certainly fit out Loire Valley cocktail hour. Thank you honey bunny for all of your surgeon like slicing!

3 comments:

  1. Hey you! Love the corks, we did that for our rehearsal dinner :) I know I haven't updated in a while, but there is a lot to update on...so I am procrastinating! Recognizing the problem is the first step you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I'm so glad you are doing this idea, I love it-and was wishing I was getting married at a vineyard just so I could incorporate corks! Good job Andrew for cutting away!!!

    ReplyDelete