Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Finding The One

Your heart starts pumping, tingles sizzle up from your belly, your eyes widen, and all of a suddent the future looks perfectly clear. You envision the family you will form, the memories you will make, and the years of happiness to anticipate. You have found "THE ONE" and you cant remember a time when you weren't so certain that this is it.

Okay, well, it wasn't quite like that with Andrew, that took time and learning. We were kids and...we were very drunk. The "one"moment happened wayyyy into the relationship...about three years. Different story...

WE FOUND THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot tell you how good it feels to walk into a house, a house that you have been trying to find, and just know. It is everything we have been looking for!

We met on Sunday to see 7 houses. This was house three and there was no turning back. I think I have probably been through about 150 houses - no kidding. This process started about a year ago and has been emotionally charged to say the least. The last house (The Dog) was crossed off the list when I got a bid back for 100k to make it even somewhat attractive. I just cant live in a house that doesnt have some curb appeal.

This house came on the market on Friday. It is on a street in St. Paul that has a beautiful boulevard and huge old oak trees. It's a dream come true street - think Father of the Bride street...just perfect!

We trudged through the snow to get to the front door. The house is on its way to foreclosure (I would say about 1 in 5 houses that we look at is - sad) so the walk wasnt shovled and it is empty. The minute we walked in, I knew it. Gorgeous hardwood floor, large archways, crown molding, built in cabinets, iron railing...my dream house. It was built in 1930 and has been lovingly mantained. It has so much charm, I dont even know where to start.

So, the offer is in and now the waiting game begins. It's a different scenario than most sales becuase the owner is the bank. It could take up to a month which, for a girl who does not posess the virtue of patience, is like playing in traffic.

5 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!! I hope it all works out! BTW, did Andrew pass?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH. My. God.

    I love it!!!

    I'm so happy you found a house you love, and I hope you get it!

    btw I love the father of the bride reference. I knew exactly where you were going with that:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty! good luck with it, i know it can be quite the waiting game with a forclosed house. fingers crossed for you! we just put an offer in on a house on yesterday! its so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...exciting!

    I hope you get it. When you do, I would love to see some interior pics of the rooms, floors and crown molding. I'm sure its lovely.

    TJ

    ReplyDelete