Friday, April 3, 2009

Make Me Up Before You Go Go?

Last weekend, I had my trial hair and makeup run. I was so excited for this, but it didn't give me the assurance I was looking for. So, I am looking for a little assistance.
HAIR She is a whiz and did it so quickly and without a hesitation. They style was captured but after it was up, I decided I wanted a little less in the back of the head and a little more of a low chignon of waves.
MAKEUP
This is hard for me because I love makeup and am used to seeing myself the way I do my own. The foundation was flawless - my skin looked amazing. The eyes were great except she used browns and golds, which we both agreed was wrong - I need more plum tones to bring out the green in my eyes. The bummer is I hate lipstick and eyebrow pencil, and everyone, including the artist, said I need to have it for pictures. But, I look at myself, and I feel so weird. I wiped the lipstick off right away and attempted to lighten up the brows by brushing it out.
I ask you - is it worth a second consultation for peace of mind? At $50 each session, it doesn't come cheap. But, the calm of the day knowing it's just right might be worth it.
I ask you again - should I just do my own makeup? I don't know makeup for photography, just my every day a bit glammed up. Is it worth paying someone for the relaxation of not stressing myself out to do my own?
I need bride to be and post bride help? What is the general consensus when it comes to makeup? Do I go big or stick with ol' trusty?

1 comment:

  1. Well personally, I recommend the lovely lady that did mine. She did a great job & I looked damn good :) I think you should go with what you feel most comfortable with. You do want the make-up to show up in pictures & what not, but you did mine & my pictures turned out just fine! BUT if it's going to reduce the stress of the day to have it done, just tell them exactly what you want - to a T! I hope that helps :0 I love you!

    ReplyDelete