Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Dream a Little Dream

To put it mildly, my life has been a series of dreams come true the past few years.  Okay, maybe that wasnt mild.  Its annoying, I know.

But truth be told, the big man has been in my court.  I met my best friend almost 7 years ago, I graduated from college 6 years ago, my sister gave me two of the most beautiful children as nephews 5 years ago, I got my dream job as an interior designer 4 years ago, my love graduated from law school and passed the bar 3 years ago, I was married on the most inspiring day almost 2 years ago, and this past year I gave birth to my angel.  Life is but a dream come true.

Now, in the midst of getting married, honeymooning and starting our family, we stumbled upon the money pit we call a house.  If your loyal to this blog (not sure who/why you would be - I was as loyal a blogger as Jude Law a husband) you will note our house hunt wasnt easy.  Like most house hunters we had specific requirements for our poor realtor;  we wanted a center hall colonial, at least 3 bedrooms, 2 story, with classic turn of the century details...turn of the 20th century that is.  We bought a 2 bedroom, mid-century  (that would be 1948), single story rambler. 

Why?  We decided to buy into the whole "ugliest house on the nicest street". 

In the last two years, we have:

-  Refinished the hardwood floors
-  Remodeled the bathroom
-  Remodeled the kitchen
-  Painted every damn inch
-  Spent only $15k doing so

In the future, we plan to:
-  Add a second baby
-  Add a second story

Thats the "Once Upon a Dream" that keeps me up at night.  We have big plans, a small budget, and a baby that is so darn cute, she makes it near impossible to dive into the tool box.  But, we are determined to make this monstrosity we call a home, the house that we will grow old in.

So, if you love interior design, babies, limestone, gravel pations, patinad materials, J. Crew, French Eclectic architecture, and crock pot recipes, we'll get along just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment