Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Very Good Year....and Many More

  On Sunday, Andrew and I celebrated our first anniversary.  I updated my Facebook status, and I think it sums it up in a nutshell:

  "A year ago, I woke up to a dream of a wedding day and hit the husband jackpot.  If this past year is any indication of the next fifty or so, I am living a charmed fairy tale of a life with a partner I couldn't love more."

  You go into your marriage hearing every warning about the first year, "Good Luck", It will be the worst year of your marriage", "It's gonna be tough".  For every person that told me that, I have to wonder if they are still married or still HAPPILY married?  Our first year of marriage was bliss (cliche but true) and while I thought nothing could beat our wedding day, I have realized that every moment with my husband is a gift and with every bit of laughter, every argument, every hug where I bury my face into his neck - its those moments that beat our wedding day.  The seconds of life that remind me that we are the lucky ones.

  I started this blog to share my wedding plans with a group of strangers.  And while I certainly owe you all the fruits of those labors (promise...wedding photos coming soon), my life has taken on its identity.  And that identity has kicked wedding magazines to the curb and made way for Elle Decor and gasp, Fit Pregnancy.  

So, without further aduie...the new Mr. and Mrs.Gibbons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment