Saturday, December 27, 2008

You cant fight city hall

In searching around for wedding junk (yes, this a roudy Saturday night for me...creating a blog, working on Save the Dates, swooning pricy photographer's sites) I stumbled upon an image that made me pause. A darling couple and their simple City Hall wedding. Am I missing something? Why does this sound so appealing now? Now that the reception hall is booked, the dress is bought, the linens and chairs are rented - why now do I find this appealing? I never thought I would be the girl who would consider running away - but these images really make me yearn for a simple ceremony downtown, complete with hatbox and veil - well of course, there has to be a viel! I am not that simple!

3 comments:

  1. After I saw this wedding I felt the same way. FYI they did have an intimate island wedding before their city hall nuptials. I believe it was still the two of them though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krysta, I can't believe this is you!

    I'm so excited you are blogging and it will be a BLAST to share wedding tips with each other. I have been thinking about your blog post for days now, and it makes me smile every time I think of your sweet words.
    You are 100% right, I already have an unhealthy obsession with Paris. (Download the background application onto your iPhone-it has TONS of great Eiffel Tower pictures that you can use as your background)

    Anyway, I'll be sure to add you to my blog roll so I can check in on you on a regular basis!

    love,
    britt
    (I love to tap a tin can, tap a tin can tap a tin can...)

    ReplyDelete